Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Blues, or Is It Summer Yet?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I really like the winter. Summer in the city is just too damn hot. But, as all NYers know, it's not the heat, it's the humidity (or, as they say in California, when it's about 100+ degrees, at least it's a dry heat).

However, today is one miserable crappy day. I can't figure out if it's snowing, hailing, sleeting, raining, foggy, whatever... So, without further ado, here's what I like about the middle of the summer.

First, there's my favorite fruit...

Then, there's another of my faves (it's a fruit too, y'know)...

Along with something to keep the vampires away...

And when the pictures are finally done and the kitchen calls, this is what summer gets you...

Now, isn't it time for dinner?

5 comments:

  1. What?? Have you forgotten those exquisite cherries of last week?
    Hold on to the memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tasty travails, accent on the travails, it's 80 and sunny here in miami. And tomatoes are in season, sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that, my friend, is exactly what's wrong with Miami.

    Ornages, tangerines, grapefruit, etc. are in season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just can't wait for the first rhubarb....and the first cover story recipe file etc. Gentlemen's wager on Gourmet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    I'm planning on writing about rhubarb and you had to go and spill the beans.

    I'll only bet on whether or not Gourmet remains in print.

    ReplyDelete